A safe retreat to escape everyday life, the place where you can be yourself and let creativity run wild, a reflection of your own taste, where the people who are important to you live and where memories are created. Or maybe being at home is not limited to just one place, but linked to the cities you lived in and different phases of life.
These are just a few answers on the Friday question “What does #beingathome mean to you?” An initiative run by ‘VDM ‘The Association of the German Furniture Industry’ on social media using the hashtags #zuhausesein and #beingathome. On Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, the association shares new trends and designs, German furniture manufacturers and designers and a modern and innovative take on German design in general.
Many people, including myself, have already answered the question of what ‘Being at home’ mean to us … and now it is up to you! [Competition closed]
Matching the Friday question “What does #beingathome mean to you?” the association launched a photo competition with some great prizes, where you are asked to show what being at home mean to you by photographing your favourite place(s) in your home. A picture that tells us what being at home mean to you personally. This can be anything from your kitchen to your couch or outdoor dining table as long as it reflects your feelings and answers the question.
Not only can you win a piece of furniture from a Geman furniture manufacturer, the winning pictures will also be shown at the photo exhibition at imm 2020 you will be invited to visit, and published in the German Design book 2020! There are ten categories under which you can submit your photos, just a few rules and as said some amazing prizes to win, which I will explain below!
How to enter the competition!
We love you to show us what #beingathome mean to you and therefore you can send us your image(s) of your favourite place at home within the following 10 categories, please note you can sent in only 1 picture per category, therefore, you can submit a maximum of ten pictures in total.
1. Outdoor Living
2. Tiny Spaces
3. The hallway – the ticket to your home
4. Kitchen Lover
5. Relaxed sleeping
6. The living room – my private retreat
7. The bathroom – the private wellness temple
8. Living with children
9. Working at Home
10. Other forms of living (e.g. caravans)
The following conditions apply to participation:
– The competition is global; there are no country restrictions.
– The participant must be over 18 years of age. As part of the price is a trip to Cologne, we cannot accept younger participants.
– To like the VDM channels Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter if using.
– The image must have 300 dpi
– The association acquires the image rights of the winning motif for an unlimited period of time, legally and medially.
Pictures can be sent in until August 18 (23:59:59 hours) to email@example.com with the following details:
1. Name of the category in which you wish to participate.
3. Date of birth
5. Telephone and email
6. Name on social media channels (so that we can check if the competitor is following the channels when he is around the ten finalist).
Please note: Only one picture can be submitted per category. Therefore, you can submit a maximum of ten pictures in total.
What can you win
There are different prizes and each winner wins:
– A piece of furniture from a German furniture manufacturer
– Integration of the winning motif at the photo exhibition at imm cologne 2020
– Two tickets plus one overnight stay for the imm cologne 2020, where the VDM
provides a travel allowance of up to 500 euros. The winner has to make the booking himself, VDM refunds it
– Integration of the winning motif in the “German Design Book 2020”.
The furnishing items to be won per category are the following, good luck!
1. Outdoor Living: prize from Janua, bowl “SK 07 Ritual”
4. Kitchen Lover: prize from Caussa, lighting “Fabella”, colour white
5. Relaxed sleeping: prize from Vitamin Design, nightstand “Pfeife”
8. Living with children: prize from Hülsta, footstool “Birdy”, colour blue
9. Working at Home: prize from Tojo, cantilever chair, colour white/green
10. Other forms of housing: prize from Thonet, side table “S18”
Data protection and legal recourse:
Responsible: The Association of the German Furniture Industry e.V. (VDM) is the organiser of this competition and is responsible for data protection. real communications will run the competition as an authorised service provider and handle the personal data entered or left behind by the participants in this campaign responsibly. If you have any questions, you can contact the data protection officer of the association at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The essentials in brief: Personal data requested from participants in order to participate in the VDM competition will be processed primarily for the purpose of running the competition. The processing of personal data takes place lawfully on the basis of the DSGVO, namely – depending on the purpose – for the fulfilment of a contract or the execution of the competition. Only our service provider real communications has access to the data, which is only used for sending the prizes by post. We do not receive the data ourselves and do not pass it on to other third parties within the meaning of the DSGVO without our consent. We delete the data records as soon as the winners have been determined and notified, the prizes have been dispatched, no complaints or complaints regarding the competition are to be expected and, above all, insofar as there are no individual obligations under commercial or tax law to retain data. The latter may last up to 10 years.
A cash payment of the profit is not possible. The profit is not transferable. Legal recourse is excluded.